nWay is currently looking for a VFX Artist to work on a Power Rangers fighting game. The VFX Artist will assist and take direction from the Lead VFX artist and collaborate with other artists to create visually compelling VFX.
- Help develop spectacular and unique visual effect style using Unity real time systems.
- Design in-game particle effects for characters, creatures, UI, Environments.
- Perform research and development of in-game particles and effects, and quality standards.
- Collaborate closely with designers and programmers with providing stunning in-game visual effects from start to finish.
- 2+ years of game development experience with Unity engine or comparable engine
- Excellent understanding of how FX interact and reinforce game design
- Experience demonstrating FX systems in a real time engine
- Advanced understanding of how to create textures for games
- Strong knowledge of environmental effects
- Ability to look at reference, deconstruct it, and translate that into real time FX that fulfill the art style and performance needs of the game
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Able to work in SF
- 2+ game titles shipped
- Passion for Action and Fighting Games
- Experience with scripting ( Mel, Maxscript or python, etc) and/or animation
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics simulation programs
- An intimate knowledge of art skills (ex. Knowledge of composition, color, 3D modeling and painting)
- Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA, HSA, and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com