Visual Effects Artist (VFX) Contractor
nWay is currently looking for a Visual Effects Artist (in-house Contractor position) to work on a competitive mobile action game using the Power Ranger’s IP. The position will work alongside Senior VFX Artist, and report to the Creative Director.
- Design in-game particle effects for characters, creatures, UI, and Environments.
- Actively find and deal with technical issues that may arise.
- Perform research and development of in-game particles and effects, and quality standards.
- Collaborate closely with designers and programmers with providing stunning in-game visual effects using Unity.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Passion for playing and creating games
- 2+ years of game development experience
- Excellent understanding of how FX interact and reinforce game design
- Advanced understanding of how to create textures and sprites for games
- Ability to look at reference, deconstruct it, and translate that into real time FX that fulfill the art style and performance needs of the game
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Ability to tackle challenges and problem solve with a strong sense of ownership
- Passion for action and fighting games
- 1+ game titles shipped
- Experience with scripting (Mel, Maxscript or python, etc) and/or animation
- An intimate knowledge of art skills (ex. knowledge of composition, color, 3D modeling and painting)
- Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com