This Combat Designer will be working on Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, a free-to-play synchronous, multiplayer fighting game on mobile. This role will be responsible for working on tuning combat for new and existing characters.
- Tuning the cost, damage, hit frames, and speed of attacks for fighting game characters
- Building and managing the combat animation tree for each character
- Working with animators to help adjust attacks to provide fun and balanced characters
- Analyzing data and listening to feedback to tune existing characters
- Coming up with new types of attacks that will provide a diverse collection of characters
- Working with VFX and SFX artists to enhance the visual and audio experience of combat
- 2+ years in a game design role
- 1 shipped game
- Experience with development of a real-time combat game
- Passion for fighting games
- Experience in Unity a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com