Sr. Combat Designer
nWay is currently looking for a Sr. Combat Designer to work on a Power Rangers fighting game. The Sr. Combat Designer will assist, collaborate with, and take direction from the VP of Creative to plan character designs from concept to implementation completion, including character animation implementation and tuning. They will also need to collaborate with animators and artists and follow through with the design planning throughout the process and into the live environment.
- Design and oversee the creation and systems for combat mechanics.
- Create character designs that marry the expectations of fighting game design and the Power Ranger’s IP.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation for all balance and combat mechanics across the entire roster of characters of the game.
- Work with the design team and Creative Director to implement any changes necessary based on feedback, and be responsive and amenable to such changes as content relates to the bigger picture.
- Drive playtests to gather feedback used to improve the product.
- 2+ shipped games as a combat designer or animator
- Failiarity with animation principles
- Deep understanding of fighting mechanics and strategy
- Superb balance, tuning, and polishing skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Able to work in SF
- Familiarity with Maya and Unity
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proven fighting game proficiency
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA, HSA, and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com