Game Server Engineer
nWay is currently looking for a Game Server Engineer to help work on our new game. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of Engineering and works alongside the other department heads to ensure that we make the best products possible. As a Game Server Engineer, you will be ensuring a consistent game world with a persistent user and character database. This includes writing a back-end that can work with a high number of concurrent users while at the same time guaranteeing fast response times. You will also be specifying hardware requirements as well as developing automated tests to verify game server stability. This position is based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
- Work with a small team of engineers, artists, and designers to build compelling mobile video games of consequence.
- Develop the platform that drives our online multiplayer games.
- Ensure a consistent game world with a persistent user and character database. This includes writing a back-end that can work with a high number of concurrent users while at the same time guaranteeing fast response times.
- Ensure that our fast-paced action games can be played on mobile devices and provide a low-latency gameplay experience for our users.
- Specify hardware requirements as well as developing automated tests to verify game server stability.
- Design, develop, and deploy backend features and APIs for the new game.
- Bringing game features to life from the concept stage to live deployment.
- Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available.
- Contribute ideas and technology to a community of like-minded engineers.
- Passionate about video games
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with implementing client / server architecture
- Basic knowledge about scalability of systems
- Must be fluent in English
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows)
- Experience with Database development (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with networking using TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience with routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT
- Experience with low-level network diagnostics tools such as tcpdump and wireshark
- Experience with securing systems (encryption, anti-cheating, denial of service)
- Experience developing mobile games
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com