nWay is currently looking for a QA Tester (full time contract) to work on a competitive action game using the Power Ranger’s IP. This position reports directly to the QA Lead and works alongside the other departments to ensure that we make the best product possible. As a QA Tester, you will be ensuring a quality game experience by writing test plans, executing test cases, reporting issues and verifying defects on various mobile devices.
- Black box testing on various mobile devices
- Troubleshoot, report, and follow up on all defects found
- Work closely with QA, Engineering, Production and Customer Service teams
- Provide status updates on testing results as requested
- Must have 1+ years of QA testing experience preferably in a gaming environment
- Mobile experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills. Localization experience is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules and be accountable
- Ability to document results of testing in a detailed and organized manner
- Ability to multitask in a fast, dynamic environment and maintain a professional and psitive attitude with team members
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and bug tracking databases
- Must enjoy playing games and understand game systems
- Must have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and initiative
- Ability to create or refine processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Availability to work overtime as necessary on evenings and weekends
- Loves working in a small team environment
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Knows which Tommy Oliver would win in a fight--White Ranger or Green Ranger?
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com