Compliance Fraud Manager
San Francisco, CA
nWay is currently looking for a Compliance & Fraud Manager to help facilitate the operations of the nWayPlay NFT marketplace. This position reports directly to the Head of Community and works alongside the other department heads (including R&D, Customer Service, Social, Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence, etc.) to ensure the trust & safety goals of our customers. This position is based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the ongoing management of application and transaction fraud risk of the product. You will be a thought leader in helping to define nWay’s trust & safety policies.
- Closely monitor financial & operational metrics
- Identify risk trends and create mitigation strategies and product improvements
- Keep up to date with prevalent vectors of credit card and crypto fraud
- Periodically review and update the existing suite of controls
- Provide leadership for risk mitigation operations, i.e. customer support agents and fraud investigators, etc.
- Maintain vendor relationships pertaining to the operations for mitigating risk & fraud
- Provide periodic updates to senior management on metrics and risks
- Mentor team members other departments on methodologies related to compliance, risk, and fraud related issues
- Work closely with Operations, R&D, Product & Publishing teams to achieve trust & safety goals
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience
- 3-5 years of experience on a Trust and Safety, Risk, or Fraud team
- Deep understanding of the most prevalent types of fraud and best practices to identify and prevent it
- Strong knowledge of fraud management tools and vendor landscape
- Ability to create a Compliance, Risk and Fraud plan which includes processes to mitigate risk and fraud
- Willingness to do what’s necessary to ensure the safety of our customers
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams
- Working knowledge of scripting & querying languages (e.g., Python, SQL)
- Analytical mind to quickly identify issues and find solutions
- Familiarity with digital assets.
Contact us at HR@nway.com