Director of Finance
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Leading the finance team as a highly visible and critical member of the company. You will be responsible for thoughtful analysis & providing information to management that is timely, accurate, comprehensive, and enabling for well thought out decision making. In addition to the strategic components, the position will be charged with coordinating the construction of financial plans and forecasts that align with company objectives.
The position offers exposure to all parts of the business and will significantly impact the company’s growth strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization. You must be effective at partnering with executive business leaders and will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage FP&A – KPI setting, modeling, and help team understand the drivers of the business better.
- BizOps – work closely with functional heads to set up and maintain quarterly/monthly/annual financial forecast and report out performance against financial goals.
- Accounting & Books – work with our vCFO to close the financial books and supervise the consolidation of the financials with our oversea entities.
- Manage our banking relationships, including managing venture debt, and AR lending accounts.
- Board and Investor relations – work closely with management on board presentations
- Strategy setting – working closely with the CEO and team on overall company strategy
- Work with external tax accounting to firm to supervise and manage all relevant tax filings.
- Lead quarterly budget planning process and provide guidelines around expenses (budgetary) controls, including setting up and managing ongoing hiring plan.
- Fully support all aspects of fundraising including forecast model, due diligence (managing virtual data room), to negotiation of agreements.
- Working with legal on vendor & contract negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or other relevant major is preferred.
- Previous investment banking / management consulting / or big 5 accounting firm experience is a plus.
- CPA/CFA is a plus.
- At least 5 years in finance dept of company or start-up.
- Mobile game and console game sector knowledge is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting rules.
- Experience with accounting software
- Exceptional understanding of income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow relationship.
- Advanced excel skills, including the ability to use Tableau.
- Can translate complex accounting concepts within financial plans and forecasts.
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations, requiring finesse and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with fundraising and investor relations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Contact us at HR@nway.com