Director of Production
San Francisco, CA
nWay is currently looking for a Director of Production to own our planning and development processes for multiple projects including internal and external products. This position reports directly to the VP Creative and works alongside the other department heads (including Creative, Engineering, Art, and Revenue) to ensure that we make the best products possible. This position is based in our headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
Detailed duties include:
- Own the studio-wide planning and development process and fine-tune it so that it maximizes the efficiency of our internal and external teams and effectively allocate team talents to optimal use.
- Work directly with senior production staff to meet the expected level of quality by implementing best processes, methods, and tools.
- Work directly with external development teams on multiple projects to ensure quality and deliverables are met according to the studios goals and needs.
- Work with company leadership and individual department heads to prioritize the development of new features, content, performance improvements, tools, and bug fixes.
- Track team performance and product quality and drive schedule/feature adjustments with other departments.
- Set up an optimized production process with effective communication and decision-making methods and ensure the members to follow and to coordinate.
- Perceptively and consistently communicate project status, issues, risks with effective contingency plans and decisions to senior management, and related parties.
- Work with senior management to help define HR needs and set out the resource planning for all phases of development
- Partner with potential business parties to ensure best practices and ensure proper integration and promotion.
We are aware that the Producer role and Production departments are an integral part of most game companies, but the specific duties vary widely by company. In this case, please be advised that this is not a creative or design position – while we value input and feedback from every member of the team, this role is primarily focused on execution, planning, process, and scheduling.
- 10+ years experience as a Producer, Project Manager, Program Manager, Product Manager, Development Director, or equivalent
- Experience building and managing excellent relationships with external parties and other external resources.
- Experience managing and creating budgets and project plans based on data-based forecasts.
- Demonstrated understanding of contents, brands and industries of relative projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior executives, as well as the ability to successfully partner with employees across all levels and lines of business.
- Experience with JIRA, Hansoft, Asana, or other task tracking software
- Previous game industry experience, especially in free-to-play and/or mobile games
- Engineering/technical background
- Hands-on experience with source control tools (Subversion, Git, etc.), including branching strategies
Contact us at HR@nway.com