San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay Inc. is looking for an experienced Economy Designer to strategically structure the economic systems for the studio’s diverse portfolio of games and token utility. The ideal candidate will have experience creating and maintaining game economy and reward structures on games where collection and tradability are core to the game experience. This role works closely with product managers and game designers to bring concepts to completion and utilize data to plan design, balance, and pricing strategies across all products.
- MA/MS. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or Econometrics or a related technical field with exceptional academic credentials
- Experience working on at least one complex user-driven economy
- Experience working with Python scientific computing packages (NumPy, SciPy, pandas, sklearn, PyTorch, JAX)
- Proficiency with SQL
- Knowledge of optimization methods, statistics, econometrics, and machine learning
- Familiarity with the current state of Web3 crypto-economics, and blockchain technologies generally, with a focus on NFT projects
- Experience with performing various simulations and extracting insights from data
- Excellent understanding of gameplay fundamentals and game economies
- Design and support the development of consumer data products, economy design tools, and decision-making and execution tools to optimize video game and marketplace economies
- Drafting an economic model for white-papers and championing the system design for a crypto-economics system
- Analyze on-chain and market data through various analytics and data science tools to draw conclusions on the game economy and market.
- Advise executive leadership, product, and engineering teams with actionable insights for improving the game economy.
- Design and execute simulations for modeling and stress testing the game economy.
- Collaborate with product managers and analysts to devise a strategy for game economies.
- Work closely with other designers and cross-functionally with UX, engineering, and product management on the design and implementation of new game features
- Assess and apply qualitative and quantitative feedback to improve game design and balance
- Inform broad strategic and product direction by estimating and applying structural models of supply and demand to evaluate the general equilibrium effects of business decisions
- Strong interest in Web3 and crypto-economics
- Solid understanding of current state of Web3 crypto-economics, and blockchain technologies, with a focus on NFT game projects
- Strong understanding of mathematical concepts in gaming
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about creating meaningful entertainment through real games with digital ownership and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni, SF Ferry and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and commuter options. Most importantly, we do our best to keep everyone’s belly full with a fully stocked snack room plus office lunches!
Contact us at email@example.com