Lead Data Analyst / Analytics Engineer
San Francisco, CA
nWay is looking for a hybrid Lead Data Analyst / Analytics Engineer to lead the company’s data analytics function and partner with the product management and marketing teams to support our initiative to deliver an unparalleled gaming experience to players across the world.
You will help generate answers to key business questions through building and maintaining cogent Tableau dashboards, running ad hoc analyses, and designing and implementing A/B Tests, as well as support in the development and tracking of key data points to inform stakeholders and calculate KPIs. With a deep understanding of our players, our games, and our business, you will be responsible for translating data into actionable insights that will drive impact across the organization.
We’re seeking an individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and has the emotional intelligence to infuse and further a data-driven culture into nWay’s decision making process.
- Work closely with Product Management, LiveOps, User Acquisition and other teams to deliver actionable insights into our games in order to improve our acquisition, retention and monetization
- Build and own Tableau dashboards that empower the Game Team to make quantitatively informed decisions and measure product success
- Build and maintain analytic ETLs to support reporting for end-user consumption
- Define and implement game taxonomy to evaluate and optimize features, events and offers
- Design and analyze multivariate tests to solve specific business problems
- Perform statistical analysis and hypothesis testing to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by Game Team
- BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or similar
- 4+ years of experience in an analyst role, applying statistical analysis to consumer behaviors (mobile apps, advertising, market activities)
- Proficient with SQL, Python (or Scala, Java)
- ETL orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Familiar with AWS services (S3, Lambda, EMR, etc.)
- Strong experience with Tableau
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
- Experience creating, operating and analyzing multiple simultaneous A/B tests
- Ability to act on changing priorities and juggle competing projects and deadlines
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of free-to-play game mechanics a strong plus
- Desire to learn emerging businesses and technologies (e.g., blockchain)
Contact us at HR@nway.com