Lead Game Designer
San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay is looking for a Lead Game Designer to drive the creative vision of a brand new multiplayer game with innovative blockchain integration. The ideal candidate will have experience designing F2P game systems and features in a remote development environment. The individual must be an expert on what makes a game highly accessible but compelling enough to keep the competition element challenging yet fair. They’ll work cross-discipline to not only bring concepts to completion but also to develop the tools and systems required to build those systems.
- Create engaging and gameplay systems with fun features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Transform high-level ideas into detailed and well-thought out concepts.
- Create GDDs, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation for new games and content.
- Work with Product and Content leads to implement design concepts.
- Analyze key performance indicators, user testing and feedback, recommend design solutions, and modify game concepts accordingly.
- Ability to create the designs and guide the implementation of game content and/or systems with an eye for engagement, retention and monetization
- 5+ years as a designer or systems designer with at least 3+ years on a live free-to-play mobile game.
- Deep familiarity with competitive multiplayer genres on mobile, PC, console, and tabletop
- Desire to work with an established IP
- Expert knowledge of a wide spectrum of game systems and concepts
- Ability to analyze data into actionable tasks
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical skills with a solid grounding in math and probability
- Superb balance, tuning, and polishing skills
- Familiarity with Unity
- Proficiency with C# and/or Unity3D
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience writing database queries (SQL, Splunk) and analyzing the data output
- Running live ops for at least 1 year
- Working knowledge of blockchain and NFT technology
- Interest in sports and real-world competitive games
- Passion for the collectibles market
Contact us at HR@nway.com