Lead Gameplay Designer
San Francisco, CA
nWay is currently looking for an experienced game designer to drive the second to second gameplay experience on a pvp mobile action game. The Lead Game Designer collaborates with art, design, and engineering disciplines to spearhead gameplay through the entire pipeline starting from early concepts through live operations. As one of the main stakeholders of the game, you’ll have ownership over the game’s combat meta-design while working directly with the Creative and Product team. This position requires a strong collaborative spirit, able to inspire the team through ideas and execution.
- Lead multi-disciplined effort to design and deliver industry leading mobile pvp combat.
- Collaborate with the creative leadership to ensure project goals are met.
- Develop methods to allow with honest and open feedback throughout the studio.
- Work with project management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work with external partners to ensure both brand and combat have a unified vision.
- Work with product team to analyze game data to help tune and balance combat, create new content, and improve game metrics over time.
- Be open to player feedback to help create a healthy game community.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on combat or card strategy systems of a shipped mobile, console or board game.
- Familiarity with animation principles.
- Deep understanding of fighting mechanics and card strategy.
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations.
- Ability to analyze data into actionable tasks.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Superb balance, tuning, and polishing skills.
- Must be able to grasp and work with code-based proprietary tools to implement and troubleshoot assigned characters.
- Must have excellent communication while still keeping the overall vision of the game in mind.
- Up to date on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Passion for making and playing competitive pvp games
- Familiarity with Maya and Unity
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience writing database queries (SQL, Splunk) and analyzing the data output
- Shipped titles on iOS and Android
- Experience supporting a live game on iOS and Android
- Experience designing RPG or strategy game economy and progression systems
- Deep knowledge of fighters, card battlers, rpg or free-to-play gameplay and monetization systems
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurances, FSA, HSA, and Commute options, and a snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com