Motion Graphics Artist and Editor
San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay is currently looking for a Motion Graphics Artist and Editor to create a wide array of video content for our diverse portfolio of games and products. This candidate not only possesses a deep expertise for visual effects and animation using the Adobe CC suite, but also has experience assembling and directing video trailers for a wide array of games. This role serves as a liaison between the art team and the marketing department, working closely with both in order to properly showcase our products in the best possible light.
- Use Adobe After Effects to create, apply, and composite visual effects for use in trailers and other video content.
- Spearhead video production across multiple projects, creating launch and preview trailers using game footage either captured manually or provided beforehand.
- Render video content at various sizes and compressions depending on project needs.
- Collaborate with the production and marketing team to produce top quality video content on time and on budget.
- Work closely with both the internal art team and outsourcing partners to compile various video projects across multiple games and platforms.
- Strong mastery of Adobe After Effects.
- Minimum of 1-4 years experience creating video content on a shipped mobile or console game, or other similar media.
- Reel of previous work demonstrating a strong feel for direction and broad audience appeal. Portfolio showing a variety of styles a big plus.
- Working knowledge of typography, logo treatment, 2D animation, and audio for usage in video content.
- Working knowledge of Unity game engine (for recording in-game hero footage or other b-roll).
- Experience working with licenced third-party IPs.
- Ability to set up and define pipelines, processes, and best practices for video recording and editing.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience creating VFX using particle systems for a live game on iOS and Android
- Passion for fighting games or action style gameplay
- Passion for collectible memorabilia, trading cards, or digital collectible games
Contact us at HR@nway.com