San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay is looking for an experienced Narrative Designer with excellent writing and game design skills to a brand new mobile rpg. The Narrative Designer would work directly with the core development team across all disciplines in a highly collaborative environment where everyone has input on the game. Through storytelling, you will be responsible for developing and creating the narrative experience through world building, character motivations, and dialogue that players will be playing for years to come.
- Develop the overarching narrative for the entire game including main campaign and character arcs consistent with the project vision.
- Communicate the narrative vision of the game’s Lead Designers verbally and in writing, across internal departments and with external brand partners.
- Proactively contribute in brainstorming sessions by pitching ideas for on-brand story arcs and quests within limited art and design scope.
- Integrate inventive writing with design to support both creative and monetization objectives.
- Work directly with Product, Design, Production, Art, and Animation to coordinate all facets of Narrative with F2P mobile business goals.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience as a Narrative Designer and Game Writing, or equivalent
- Experience scripting dialogue for large casts of original characters.
- Experience structuring and tracking multiple branching storylines.
- General knowledge of F2P mobile game design pipelines and current market trends.
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Exceptional proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with established worldwide IP
- Familiarity with Unity
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Shipped titles on iOS and Android
- Experience in Live Ops
Contact us at HR@nway.com