San Francisco, CA
nWay is currently looking for a QA Manager to oversee the quality assurance team composed of internal QA analysts and external QA teams across all nWay studio games. This individual must have the ability to manage multiple projects on mobile and console platforms in various phases of development and possess strong leadership skills who can inspire others, promote growth, and implement processes to improve overall testing efficiency.
- As a primary function, manage quality assurance activities that test the functionality and integrity of all nWay games in various phases of development, including Alpha, Beta, and Live Operations.
- Collaborate daily with your product team to ensure that quality is injected into each step of the development process.
- Manage the execution and development of test cases by internal and external QA teams.
- Manage external QA vendor relationships.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance test plans throughout the project life cycle for both manual and automated testing.
- Identify areas ideal for automation and work with QA Engineers to see your ideas through to fruition.
- Clearly communicate the health of your projects to the team through status reports and in daily stand ups.
- Ensure the project team is aware of defects that need to be addressed and maintain an in depth understanding of the issues in the bug database.
- Work with the product team to develop and maintain metrics to help with go/no go decisions for product release.
- Work closely with the production team and own the bug database for your project.
- Be the go to person for info on how the game works.
- Inspire constructive feedback from your team and make suggestions and metrics for balance and game play improvement.
- Must have 5+ years of QA testing experience preferably in a gaming environment. Mobile experience is a major plus, particularly on Android.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules and be accountable.
- Must have attention to detail and be able to follow test cases as well as do ad-hoc testing.
- Ability to document results of testing in a detailed and organized manner.
- Ability to multitask in a fast, dynamic environment and maintain a professional and positive attitude with team members.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bonuses: Jenkins, Apcenter, Console platform services.
- Must enjoy playing games and have a passion for quality.
- Must have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and initiative.
- Ability to create or refine processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Compliance testing.
- Automation testing.
- Localization experience.
- Love for Real Time Competitive PvP games.
Contact us at HR@nway.com