San Francisco, CA, Seoul, Korea, or remote
nWay is currently looking for a Server Engineer to help work on our new game. As a Server Engineer, you will be ensuring a consistent game world with a persistent user and character database. This includes writing a back-end that can work with a high number of concurrent users while at the same time guaranteeing fast response times. You will also be specifying hardware requirements as well as developing automated tests to verify game server stability.
- Work with a small team of engineers, artists, and designers to build compelling mobile video games of consequence
- Develop the platform that drives our online multiplayer games.
- Ensure a consistent game world with a persistent user and character database. This includes writing a back-end that can work with a high number of concurrent users while at the same time guaranteeing fast response times.
- Ensure that our fast-paced action games can be on mobile devices and provide a low-latency gameplay experience for our users.
- Specify hardware requirements as well as developing automated tests to verify game server stability.
- Design, develop, and deploy backend features and APIs for the new game.
- Bringing game features to life from the concept stage to live deployment.
- Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available.
- Contribute ideas and technology to a community of like-minded engineers.
- Passionate about video games
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with implementing client / server architecture
- At least one strong language skill. (Go, Python, C, C++ …)
- Basic knowledge about scalability of systems
- Must be fluent in English
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows)
- Experience with Golang development
- Experience with Database development (MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience with networking using TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience with routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT
- Experience with low-level network diagnostics tools such as tcpdump and wireshark
- Experience with securing systems (encryption, anti-cheating, denial of service)
- Experience developing mobile games
- Experience Kubernetes, Docker Container based Devops.
Contact us at HR@nway.com