Sr. Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
nWay is currently looking for a Sr. Product Manager to manage the development and production of nWay’s existing games with Power Rangers IP and new undisclosed game. The individual must be data-driven and result-focused and must competently render user data into actionable insights to be applied back in the game development to ensure product optimization and ultimately successful monetization of the game. This position reports directly to the VP of Creative.
- Define, track and serve player segments to further product strategy
- Mine and analyze data from player databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Define, design, and manage features to improve the economic health of our games and the revenue of the company.
- Collaborate with game team to understand development requirements and to define a comprehensive product roadmap to deliver on business goals
- Serve as the cross-functional leader of the game to influence key partners to implement change
- Design, balance and optimize virtual economies
- Be an expert in established and new game monetization models
- Design and undertake A/B tests for player communications and offers, and test model quality
- Develop processes and tools to track and report daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly game performance
- Monitor competitive trends, industry tools and best practices
- Strong passion for free-to-play games and deep understanding of f2p game mechanics.
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience with data-driven product design and decision-making
- 5+ years of product management experience in consumer mobile or game development
- 3+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting and proven success
- 3+ years of experience in SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Tableau or equivalent
- Outstanding data analysis and problem-solving abilities that leads to strategic decision-making
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to follow up with all loose ends
- Background in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Deep understanding of multiplayer games
- Knowledgeable in mobile gaming trends, especially multiplayer and e-sports space
- Passionate about the fighting game genre
- Previous start-up experience
- Understanding of game design concepts
- Experience of self-publishing a mobile game in the US
Why you want to work here
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a snack room!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org