San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay is looking for a System Designer with experience designing F2P game systems and features for its portfolio of real-time competitive games.
The System Designer will be responsible for game economy balance and feature development for our live games and new projects currently in development. They’ll work cross-discipline to not only bring concepts to completion but also to develop the tools and systems required to build those systems.
The ideal candidate will love designing F2P systems for real-time competitive multiplayer games in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Create engaging gameplay systems that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization
- Transform high-level ideas into detailed and well-thought out concepts
- Create GDDs, wireframes, flows and clear feature documentation for new systems and content
- Work with Product and Content leads to implement design concepts
- Analyze key performance indicators, user testing and feedback, recommend design solutions, and modify game concepts accordingly
- 2+ years as a designer or systems designer with at least 1+ years on a live F2P mobile game.
- Deep familiarity with competitive strategy and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and tabletop
- Desire to work with an established IP
- Expert knowledge of a wide spectrum of game systems and concepts
- Ability to analyze data into actionable tasks
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical skills with a solid grounding in math and probability
- Superb balance, tuning, and polishing skills
- Familiarity with Unity 3D
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience writing database queries (SQL, MongoDB) and analyzing the data output
- Running live ops for at least 1 year
- Experience designing RPG or strategy game economy and progression systems
- Deep knowledge of fighters, RPG or F2P gameplay and monetization systems
Contact us at HR@nway.com