VP of Engineering
San Francisco, CA or Remote
nWay is currently looking for a VP of Engineering to lead the engineering team and set the technology agenda for the San Francisco studio and collaborate on various projects with our Korea office. This position works alongside the other department heads to ensure that we make the best products possible.
As VP of Engineering, you will:
- Develop the technical vision and strategy.
- Make final decisions regarding design and direction of new tech architectures.
- Ensure the engineering team is scheduled and working efficiently with each other, and the rest of the departments, such as art and design.
- Maintain familiarity with all systems such as build process, content delivery system, server administration.
The ideal candidate demonstrates personnel leadership skills, proven technical competence, and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve business objectives.
- Work with a small team of engineers, artists, and designers to build compelling mobile video games of consequence.
- Develop the platform that drives our online multiplayer games.
- Design, develop, and deploy backend features and APIs for the new game.
- Bringing game features to life from the concept stage to live deployment.
- Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available.
- Contribute ideas and technology to a community of like-minded engineers.
- 2+ years of experience working on mobile games as a VP of Engineering .
- Minimum of 3 shipped titles in either console or mobile space.
- Passionate about video games.
- Strong C#,C++, and Python programming skills.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with implementing client / server architecture.
- Basic knowledge about scalability of systems.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows).
- Experience with Database development (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis).
- Experience with networking using TCP/IP and UDP.
- Experience with routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT.
- Experience with low-level network diagnostics tools such as tcpdump and wireshark.
- Experience with securing systems (encryption, anti-cheating, denial of service).
- Experience with other programming languages (Go).
- Passionate about competitive pvp games.
- Fluent in Korean.
Why you want to work here.
At nWay, we’re passionate about games and we’re always looking for talented individuals who share that same drive. We’re a small startup defined by a very collaborative, lean and laid back culture where everyone just wants to get things done. Our office is located in the heart of San Francisco and we’re conveniently located near BART, Muni and Caltrain. We also offer medical, dental, vision insurances, FSA and Commuter options, and a full stocked snack room!
Contact us at HR@nway.com